Curry house that continued using heaters for the patio indoors
A restaurant was punished for using heaters on patios inside, causing a patron to feel sick.
Tameside Magistrates The Court found that the environmental health department conducted a series of checks on the Bridgefield Curry Lounge, High Street, Stalybridge.
Numerous warnings were issued regarding the heaters on patios in the restaurant’s dining rooms indoors in 2014 and 2015, together with an enforcement department’s enforcement notice.
Read More”He didn’t stand an opportunity’: The family’s shock as the boy was battered in an unintentional, violent attack in the park.
After a customer filed an official complaint about being unwell near heating units, four years after the fact, Tameside Council discovered the warnings had not been addressed, which led to the establishment being convicted at court on Wednesday.
The court ruled that the officers talked about the issue with the restaurant’s Director Malik Abdul, 37, at the time of a return visit on December 9 in 2014, followed up by warning letters.
The heater’s label indicated that the units were meant for outdoor use only and recommended that you use the appliance was only permitted in a sealed area.
On March 19, 2015, a second visit found that the patio heaters were still in use indoors.
A few days later, the environmental health officer and the council’s environmental services manager went to the establishment and talked to Abdul about the outside heaters within the restaurant.
Legal notice of an indefinite scale was issued on March 24, 2015, prohibiting heating equipment within the building.
Additional visits were conducted in 2015 to examine other matters, but no evidence of the heaters was being used was observed during these visits.
On February 15 February 15, 2019, a complaint was made by an individual in this restaurant and was seated by the heater. The complainant said that, as a result, they were feeling unwell.
Two environmental health inspectors were present at the restaurant, with two health inspectors discovered a patio heater being used inside the restaurant.
The restaurant and Abdul were charged with breaking safety and health regulations about employees and customers.
Abdul Abdul High Street, Stalybridge, was found guilty of the charges in Tameside Magistrates Court.
The following Tuesday (September 13), the magistrates handed down PS6,000 on the restaurant. They also imposed the victim surcharge amounting to PS190.
Abdul Was fined PS1,459 with an additional victim surcharge of PS145. Abdul was also required to pay costs of PS1,000.
Cllr Allison Gwynne, the executive member in charge of environmental enforcement, stated: “Most businesses are happy to partner with us to ensure they adhere to rules to ensure their employees and customers secure.
“However, when they do not heed warnings and violate legal requirements, we will be required to take actions to safeguard the public.
“In this instance, the restaurant was provided with multiple occasions to follow-up to protect the patrons and staff, but it continued to make usage of outdoor heaters inside, putting those at risk and inevitably making customers feel unwell due to the incident.
“I’m pleased the court recognised the seriousness of the breach and imposed fines accordingly.”